The day has been rather hectic...errands and what not...so it is with a due sense of exhaustion and dread that I make my second entry...If you’re a college student...something I am not, and haven't been for a long time, thank goodness...home for the summer in the humble abode of your parents basement...you’re indeed in an awkward place: too old for high school girls what, and far too young to rent a Hyundai and say tally-hoo, pip pip and head off on a road trip...
Sure, 'le vacance' may seem fun for the first few days, but your mindset will follow a pretty well-established trajectory:
Days 1-3: Joy to see family and friends. Ecstatic over escaping dorm squalor...
Day 4: Bored...
Day 5: F**kin bored...
Day 6-103: Maniacally bored. AND HOW MANY GODDAMN LITTLE SISTERS DO I HAVE NOW? CHRIST, MOM, WE’RE NOT CATHOLIC!!!
Day 104: Acceptance...
Which brings us to another flashback moment from my trusted diary...enjoy...
Cheers
May 27, 2005 | 7:32AM: Things seem to have ground to an absolute halt over the holidays here at the hospice...oops...hospital...
The 90 hour work weeks which had me pulling at my hair for the past few months seem a tad bit enjoable at the moment...inexplicably relaxing too perhaps...hence the rate at which I am chugging out entries into my beloved journal, which I am erst while obsessed with...
'Twas someone wise (not wiser than me ofcourse...that being an impossibility), who once said...."don't think about the future, lest you jinx it"...so I shall not...
But I will muse over the past...
January 2005
Ahhhh, the post USMLE era...
I recall that I slept a lot...watched a lot of television...slept while watching the tele...ate...ate some more...tried to stress out about how I might have done in that stupid exam...but since my mom was doing a dashed good job at it, I figured why steal her thunder...later in the month found out that I had inexplicably aced my USMLE's...so I decided to sleep some more...
So, that was January for me...onto February some other time perhaps...
Cheerio

2 comments:
Tally-ho, pip pip
You're hilarious Kash
We should meet for lunch, I'll be back in the city at the end of the month for an elective
Neil
Hi: I'm back in Vancouver and I'm bored out of my mind right now. I've gotten so used to spending my days at the hospital that staying home just seems odd. Call me sometime.
Ron
Post a Comment