Why is it that hot places have a knack of inventing hot food...Seriously, why could Mexico's national food not be popsicles and slushies...
When on a 100 degree day have you said to yourself: "Oh heavens, it's hot...you know what would be really refreshing right now...spicy enchiladas topped with a eye watering Serrano pepper...because its not good enough that my face is burning off in this dashed desert sun, I'd like my mouth and intestines to feel the the same way..."
Well, enough with hot weather...and hot food...the last two days have made me long for snow...the heart truly aches I tell you...
Anyways, a couple of months ago I had a friend of mine visiting me during my ER clerkship over in Baltimore and we decided to go over to an Ethiopian restaurant...yes, that's right...an Ethiopian restaurant...I never knew something like that even existed...I thought the biggest problem with Ethiopia was that they had not yet invented cooking...
Ethiopian food is indeed delicious...unfortunately, there is a bit of a catch...you don't really get to pick anything from a menu..oh no Sir,.what you do is sit there and just wait for your food to be donated by the more prosperous restaurants...
I kid...clearly...the chum and I had a positively gripping meal...spirits were high as we exited...the tummy very much satisfied...hence, if ever in Baltimore, do stop by the X'Cafe and order the vegetarian combo...
Cheers

5 comments:
Haha, wait till I tell Demeke what you had to say about Ethiopia, he will blow a gasket; it damn hot here in LA too!
Baltimore was bloody scary
I don't know how you survived out there
I ended up begging our clinical coordinator to move me after Surgery
I lived over in Brooklyn and I could swear there were drug deals being made in my backyard
"Dashed scary" as you would say ;)
It's time to migrate SOUTH ;)
A serrano pepper will burn more than just your mouth & intestines buddy ;)
Speaking of HOT weather, the ER here in AZ is going absolutely berserk
Any possibility of me applying for an ER residency has all but vanished ;)
Post a Comment